This is an injection-plastic military vehicle model kit.
From the Trumpeter website:
The M983 is a tractor unit for use with the trailer-mounted MIM-104 Patriot missile system. It can also be used with the Interim Stryker Recovery System, or other trailers. An earlier variant fitted with a 30 KW generator and crane mounted behind the cab was used to tow the MGM-31 Pershing Erector Launcher in CONUS. The M983A2/A4 Light Equipment Transporter (LET) tractor is mainly used to transport construction and engineer equipment. It has a 45,000 lbs. (20,430 kg) 2 speed hydraulic winch mounted behind the cab used to load the trailer. It does not have a self-recovery winch.
- Length: 256mm
- Width: 72mm
- Total Parts 380+
- Photo Etched Parts: 1 piece
- Total Sprues 13 sprues and tires
- Detailed multi-directional slide-molded cab.
- Full drive train assembly complete with engine transmission, differential housing and suspension units.
- The main tires are hollow rubber with very good tread pattern