This is an injection-plastic aircraft model kit.
From the manufacturer:
The Halifax was one of the most famous Royal Air Force WWII bombers and flew more than 47,000 missions over Germany. Compared to the previous version with RR Merlin engines the Mk.III version powered by Bristol Hercules radial engines delivered a great improvement in flight performance. This variant entered service after 1943. Halifax bombers were also employed as towing aircraft during operations in Normandy and at Arnhem as well as for deploying agents behind enemy lines. Although there were many problems during its development and that the Halifax was always overshadowed by the Lancaster, it eventually turned out to be best-known Allied bomber of the War.The Halifax Mk. III was armed with 8 Browning as well as a Vickers machine gun and could carry a bomb load of 5,900 kg (13000 lbs). The only original fully restored Halifax stands in the National Air Force Museum in Canada in Trenton, Ontario.
This kit features:
- Finely structured surfaces with recessed panel joints
- Mk III wings
- Detailed cockpit with seats and instrument console
- Interior details and dividing panel to the radio operators room
- Detailed bomb-bay with pylons, main undercarriage, exhaust system, and undercarriage with highly detailed struts
- 6 bombs
- Rotatable rear MG-turret with finely moulded MGs.
- Nose section with glass nose
- Mid MG position with Boulton Paul A turret
- Hercules radial engines and nacelles
- Rotating propellers
- Separate ailerons
- Antennae and masts
- Nose glazing also for a Mk V version