This is a spacecraft model.
This exquisitely accurate 1/144-scale reproduction is based on many specialized documents and other data. In addition, during development of this product, Bandai sought and received the full cooperation of the web site "Apollo Maniacs," a favorite of Apollo fans, in making sure that the overall appearance, as well as that of the parts such as the rocket and engine, is as accurate and detailed as possible. The model is made primarily of plastic, but also features die-cast metal and photo-etched metal parts. And the markings are stunning!
All the stages of the rocket, from launch to splashdown, are reproduced. Just like the real thing, the rocket splits into nine sections, so that you can recreate all mission stages, including launch, the moon landing, and splashdown! The Saturn V rocket can be split into the first, second and third stages, and the Apollo 11 and Lunar Module can be joined to or separated from the rocket.
The stand, which allows you to display the Saturn V vertically, is mirrored. When the model is mounted on the stand, the extremely detailed engine can be easily seen in the mirror. The base also features a plate resembling the moon's surface, complete with astronaut footprints. The included Lunar Module, U.S. flag and astronaut figure can be added to complete an accurate recreation of the moon landing. Another set of stands are also included that allows the separated rocket sections to be displayed. The Saturn V itself towers 78cm (that's just over 2 1/2 feet!) from the bottoms of the F-1 engine bells to the top of the LES.
This awe-inspiring set includes:
- Apollo 11 and Saturn V rockets (S-IC 1st stage, S-II 2nd stage, S-IVB 3rd stage, S-II Aft Interstage, S-IVB Aft Interstage, Spacecraft Lunar Module Adaptor, Command Module, Service Module, Launch Escape Subsystem and Boost Protective Cover, and Support Ship Antenna)
- Lunar Module Descent Stage (fixed legs and moveable legs)
- Lunar Module Ascent Stage
- 2 Astronauts
- U.S. Flag
- Stand for Vertical Display (Lunar Surface Plate, Display Parts, Nameplate)
- Stand for Horizontal Display
- Display Stand for Lunar Module/Command Module
- Commentary Booklet
Please note that the photos shown are of a prototype; the production version may vary. Also, models such as this are mass produced and as a result some inconsistencies in finish and painting may occur; these are not considered manufacturer's defects. If you absolutely must have perfection, please be prepared to do some touch-up work on your own.